Friday, June 4, 2021

Proud Mom!

 We have a family friend that works with Sprout and the big cows.  I didn't show cattle and I'm just not confident enough to do this with her.  FarmBoy does work with her some, but she listens to the friend much better.  She was a 10 year 4H member and knows all the ins and outs from Sprout's perspective.  Well she hasn't had much time to work with her yet this year, but yesterday afternoon they finally got the time to get together.  Sunny her feeder from last year hasn't been outside the working pen at all this year and it was not a really hot day so he was a bit fiesty.  Sprout kept her composure and didn't panic and just kept working with him.  Her maturity in handling him is really starting to show.  It is amazing the difference between last year and this year.  I really thought she was going to want to drop out after this year.  She just hasn't wanted to be in the barn at all until school got out.  It was like a switch went off and since she can now stay at home on her own she has really stepped up her game.  She gets up in the morning and walks pigs and sheep.  I'm hoping she adds the little calves this week to the routine since they got one of them out yesterday and it went smoothly.  

Now to get the second big guy out this week.  He wasn't a show calf last year so he's going to need a bunch more work, but I believe she can handle it.  She's grown so much in the last year and I'm so proud.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

The lasts

 It's been a month of lasts.  Today was my last install into my legacy system.  Tomorrow will be my last data conversion.  It's stra...