Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Longggg break between posts.

Wow I took a really long break between blogs and so much has happened.  Sprout is in public school and I'm planning on "retiring" next June.  It's more than a pipe dream this time.  Where to start....

In the fall of 2019 Sprout asked about switching schools at Christmas.  She wasn't meshing with her teacher and since we were planning on switching her the next fall she asked if she could just go early.  If I knew then what was about to happen I'm not sure I would have said yes, but it all worked out just as God wanted it to.  She was in class for two months with a great teacher that really seemed to get her and then the virus happened.  Her new school was already digital and they did most work on laptops so it really wasn't a hard transition to being at home.  Zoom classes and lots of help from Mom and we got through.  From March 2020 to June 2020 I worked at home full time.  I went into the office only if it was absolutely necessary.  It was fantastic actually.  In June I went back to the office when I could.  There was no option of drop in daycare anywhere close to where we live and she needed to be working with livestock on FarmBoy's days off.  We still had hopes of an in person fair then.  I was at home when he was on shift and at the office when he wasn't.  I didn't go back full time everyday until late fall when Sprout went back full time to school.  

Our fair got converted to virtual at the last minute and I mean last minute.  We were supposed to load in on Friday and Thursday night they cancelled the in person portion.  The kids were all very upset since the counties around us had been having fairs, but modified.  It was not a good end to summer.  School started on time, but on a hybrid schedule with Sprout going every other day and every other Friday.  She was just glad to be out of the house.  She signed up for cheer leading and made the squad for Football.  I attended most games and had a good time at being out of the house too.  The school year went on pretty much as usual with a few changes, but they eventually went back full time and life has pretty much settled into a routine.  She did swim and do the musical this year in addition to FFA so it was a pretty full year.  Her grades were okay considering all the changes. 

In the midst of all of this we paid the house off.  Yep I said it we are mortgage free.  FarmBoy sold enough grain bin stuff over the last couple of years to pay off the mortgage.  He has also moved up at the steel mill he works for and that has helped the bottom line considerably.  We hope to have enough tucked back to make it possible for me to step away from a full time job.  I'd like to find something part time so I don't lose my edge, but I want to be around more while Sprout is in high school.  She is really liking her new friends and still keeps in touch with some of her old friends as well.  I'm hoping when things quit being so crazy she can have a big party with all her friends.

I think Sprout moving schools when she did was really good.  Things were not normal for any of them so it wasn't such a big deal that she was the new girl.  She has a good group of friends who are for the most part christian and protective of her.  Mostly boys, but she says most girls are just too much drama for her.  She knows almost everyone in her grade, but chooses who is in her inner circle carefully.  I'm proud of her for that.  Yes boys have entered the picture too.  The current one I know his family and he's really sweet so I'm okay with it.  He too is protective of her and treats her like she should be treated.  No dating yet because we have an age limit on that one, but they talk on the phone, group watch tv shows and share a spotify list.  So you know for them it is serious.  

I'm sure there are a ton of things I'm missing, but this will do for now.  There will be a post of what in the world I'm going to do with this blog coming up.  Hint Sprout has wanted to do a vlog for a while now and I might give in soon.  Maybe.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

The lasts

 It's been a month of lasts.  Today was my last install into my legacy system.  Tomorrow will be my last data conversion.  It's stra...