Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Sickness and Cheer-leading.

Sprout is going to miss cheer pictures today because she's out sick.  The whole house has it and I think she's milking it really, but FarmBoy is off so he's letting her stay home again today.  I got sent home with antibiotics yesterday and told if I wasn't some better to call and stay home again.  I woke up without the nagging headache, but still feeling a bit crummy.  I figured it would keep people out of my office so I just came on into work.  FarmBoy is hanging out with Sprout so he can get more rest before he goes on nights this week.  I'm just hoping we are all recovered before next week and Thanksgiving.

Cheer got started late this year so I ordered shoes and sent messages about her cheer outfit this morning.  She missed fittings last night with being out ill.  I'm hoping we get this out of the way early and that we all get over it for the rest of the holidays.  She's really wanting to cheer at least until she switches schools.  I really think she's avoiding her teacher and not really needing to stay home, but that's a whole other subject.  She loves to cheer and sing and right now she can't do either so she's been a total grump.  All she wanted to do yesterday was snuggle in bed with me and watch movies and since I was home I gladly let her.  I know days like this are few and there's going to be a time she doesn't want to do this with me.  She's growing up so fast. 

Last weekend before all this hit we were grocery/early Christmas shopping and talking.  We had gone to a famous chain restaurant for a quick bite.  I needed to rest my knees and she was tired of walking and wanted a break.  I didn't let her get soda because I knew I had a little bit of an old gift card that needed used.  I had planned on letting her get an ice cream, but knew if soda was involved it would be too much sugar and I'd end up grumpy because she was over stimulated.  We have a family friend who is not allowed to see her mother anymore by court order and I used this as a moment to teach her that she should be thankful for all she has including me.  I wasn't mean for not allowing her soda since I had planned on letting her have ice cream, but didn't tell her.  I reminded her that her friend would give almost anything to have a mom that cared at all what she ate or did.  It really made her think and the rest of the day went pretty smooth with little complaining.  It's amazing what putting something in perspective does for a person.  I'm reminded that I need that sometimes to and I need to seek out the one who will tell me when I need to hear this.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The lasts

 It's been a month of lasts.  Today was my last install into my legacy system.  Tomorrow will be my last data conversion.  It's stra...