Thursday, September 12, 2019

Just too busy

I always find that fall is just too busy.  Once Sprout goes back to school all bets are off as to whether I can get all I need to get done in a week.  She usually has 2 games a week and homework most nights.  She doesn't have tons of homework, but some most nights and add to this is the extra laundry for sports clothes and uniforms.  I'm not complaining it's healthy for her to play volleyball and be active.  It just throws me off for a bit until I get into a new routine of cleaning and meal planning down.  I'm trying to start my fall cleaning before winter really hits and I'm just not having the success that I want.  This weekend I'm planning on getting out the fall decorations and wash curtains.  Sprout helps some and I'm starting to come up with a list of regular chores for her to accomplish like dusting.  She can fit that in during the week whenever she has the chance.  I'm not real picky about it has to be done on a weekend day, etc.  As long as it happens sometime during the week we are good.

I'm trying to meal plan a bit more now that game nights can be a bit later than usual.  It saves us money, but it also is healthier.  I'm also in the last stages of planning what the pantry needs to have for winter.  We live in an area that can get fairly cold and have some significant snows.  I detest carrying in a ton of groceries when it's sloppy and wet outside.  Our garage is not attached to our house so you walk in the snow and such to carry things in.  I try to keep it to a minimum in the winter to keep the mess down. 

I'm also trying to find the time this weekend to make, yes I said make, a lap quilt.  Although it's going to be slightly longer than one I usually make and for good reason.  Sprout being an only child and watched only by family until she started school was pretty spoiled and head strong.  We knew this and put her into our local christian school's preschool at 3.  She was a handful, but her teacher (I will refer to as WonderfulTeacher from now on.) was great with her and loved her like she was family.  I could not have asked for a better first teacher for my child.  WonderfulTeacher has moved on to helping with special kids in public school and I can see where she would be great at that job.  She also coaches junior high volleyball at Sprout's school.  Unfortunately she was diagnosed with cancer again recently.  It's her third time.  I'm in the process of making a quilt in school colors and I'm going to have the kids sign it.  At least as many as I can so she can take it with her to treatments so that she's covered in love.

At Sprout's school the elementary and junior high travel to games together and cheer for each other.  They shag balls for each other and just in general help each other out.  At home games the junior high always seems to be there early to cheer on the elementary as well and we usually stay for at least their first set.  WonderfulTeacher always cheers for her from the sidelines and is so proud when she plays well.  She also coaches some when she sees something specific Sprout could work on.  I just feel the need to do something special for her for all that's she's done.  Sprout is going to help me with the quilt and it's going to be the first time we do a sewing project together.  I'm hoping to ease her into sewing this year and because it's for someone she loves I'm hoping she will be more patient as I teach her what to do.  I'm also excited that I get to use my new walking foot.  I've had it for awhile, but I just haven't used it.  Now I get to.  I'll try to post a few pics when I'm done.

3 comments:

  1. Those readjusting of schedules can sure be confusing at first but you'll get there. Thanks for joining the Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your post on a wise woman builds a home! Its so good to see someone blogging and not just advertising haha! I can't imagine how hard it would be to be a working Mom! I only work around 5 hours a week at home online and still don't always find time to do everything! I would LOVE to know how to quilt! I also really am glad I found your blog, we are a big 4H familiy and although the county we currently live in does not do the livestock shows it was something that was very important to my daughter! I shared some photos from our first show on this blog post if you're interested :) https://theheartofahomemakerblog.blogspot.com/2019/03/2019-in-like-lion_25.html We didn't do great but we would love to get into it again! Maybe I can find some tips on your blog! Glad to have found you and found a new blog to follow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hopping to visit me. It's rough working and taking care of the home. I always feel like something is getting short changed. I'm planning on posting more about 4H as time goes on. We just signed up for next year and have purchased a second calf to be a steer next year so we are on our way. Our first year was not spectacular by any means, but each year gets a little easier and better. Just keep trying.

      Delete

The lasts

 It's been a month of lasts.  Today was my last install into my legacy system.  Tomorrow will be my last data conversion.  It's stra...