Thursday, November 14, 2019

Snow and rushing past Thanksgiving

Well it snowed here and not just a little dusting.  I saw people turning on their Christmas lights.  It made me a bit sad.  Don't get me wrong I love Christmas.  In fact our house transforms at Christmas time.  It starts outside and moves all the way through our house including the bedding and towels.  It makes me happy, but I also love Thanksgiving.  Let's face it here in the US we have it easy compared to most places in this world and so we should be thankful, really really thankful, but it seems after Halloween is over everyone is ready to just move on to Christmas.  I decorate our house for fall or autumn not Halloween.  It's just my opinion, but the Bible tells us not to be afraid so why would I decorate with scary things that would make someone be afraid.  That's just not what a home should be about.  Harvest is a big deal for us so most things in the house have something to do with that.  After Halloween I do get out a few special things like a pilgrim set of candle sticks and a turkey figurine that came from my husband's grandparents as well as a few other things.  The pilgrims remind me of my past.  I have a descendant that was a pilgrim on the Mayflower.  It reminds me to always be thankful for what they endured to get here so that I can worship freely even today.

I remind Sprout that we need to always be thankful but especially in this season.  Our harvest is done, but loads of our friends and neighbors are not.  FarmBoy has picked up several new customers for selling grain handling systems.  They may just want small stuff right now, but small stuff often turns into bigger stuff later.  We have a warm and dry house and plenty of food.   I try to always be thankful for the small stuff too.  I'm thankful I know how to cook.  I'm amazed at the people who can't cook simple things.  It's so much nicer to come home and cook soup rather than heat up what you can find in a can.  It doesn't take that long either.  I'm thankful that FarmBoy is handy.  He can fix just about anything at our house and that saves us a ton of money.  I'm thankful that I have a God who loves me even when I'm not lovable and that I can tell him thank you whenever I want.  It may seem little to me, but that is really big to others in this world.


1 comment:

  1. That's super nice thankfuls. We're always super thankful when it doesn't snow here, everything closes. Thanks for joining the Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete

The lasts

 It's been a month of lasts.  Today was my last install into my legacy system.  Tomorrow will be my last data conversion.  It's stra...