Monday, July 1, 2019

Fair is coming!

Wow where did June go!  The check in for our fair is the 19th and we are in full training swing. 

The pigs walk okay.  One pig is better than the other.  FarmBoy does this with her.  We need to really be concentrating on their feed to finish them out.

The sheep are done good.  We've started putting them in the stands for some time to get them to start flattening out their back more.  They are walking well and setting good for her.  By show day they will be good.

The dairy heifer is good.  She's walking well for Sprout and she doesn't need any help from us or the handler.  The next is to get her to set her feet correctly.  Once that is done then she's all ready to go.

The feeder calf is also doing well.  We put a halter on him for the first time this weekend.  He didn't really care for it, but we did it anyway.  Sprout walked him with it as well and it went fairly good.  I don't think he's going to be a problem at all. 

The steer is a whole other story.  He's not calming down at all no matter what we do with him.  It's on the fence as to whether we can actually show him right now.  They've tried everything with him and nothing is working.  I would say by the end of the week we need to make a decision on what we are going to do about him. 

In the mean time I'm taking stock of all of the things that we need from food to drinks to water filters to be able to water the livestock while we are gone.  I think July 4 is going to be an inventory and working day and then maybe we can have some fun later in the day.  I've got my lists and as I go through them I'll be posting more about the things that are needed by species that we show.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The lasts

 It's been a month of lasts.  Today was my last install into my legacy system.  Tomorrow will be my last data conversion.  It's stra...