Thursday, March 10, 2022

Purging

 Well I've started cleaning out and decluttering the house.  I have wanted to do this for some time, but just couldn't convince myself to do it.  Now that I will be home more I find that I want to enjoy the peace and having too much in a room is not peaceful to me.  I also want to paint the house this summer and to do that I need less stuff.  Fortunately 4H will be having a garage sale this spring so I can donate things there and not feel a bit bad about it.  

I started in the kitchen because I had a mouse get in my lower dish cabinets.  As I was cleaning them out to clean I sorted before I put thing back.  It's inspiring me to get more done.  I'm almost done moving the Christmas I'm keeping back to the attic.  After that I need to go through what is remaining in the basement and get it donated.  4H has a fall garage sale that other things will go to if I miss this one.  I'm excited to get this done.

I have been a bit off my game this week since my dad has been in the hospital.  He has been stressful, but at his age (87) it's not totally unexpected.  Hopefully the remaining tests will tell us a few things and we won't have a repeat of this last weekend.

Sprout is really trying this semester and her grades are really showing it.  I'm so proud.  She's smart but unless she wants to do it there isn't much to motivate her.  The joys of a strong willed child.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The lasts

 It's been a month of lasts.  Today was my last install into my legacy system.  Tomorrow will be my last data conversion.  It's stra...