Thursday, August 5, 2021

Back to School

This summer has gone so fast.  I can't believe fall sports have started already and school is next week for us.  Cheer practice started this week and it appears to be going well.  Sprout is one of two calling out the cheers and leading things so that is good.  There are some new girls and several returning girls.  She is really stepping up her game this year and appears to be doing well.

The nights are getting cooler here.  The daytime temps are pretty much the usual, but not overly hot.  My tomatoes are starting to really produce and I'm going to have to start processing them.  I'm hoping to make sauce and paste this year.  I have a couple of different food strainers so I can process most of what is coming out of my garden with ease.  I use a turkey fryer outside with my canner, but this year I'm buying a new one that will handle both canners at once.  It will shorten the time it takes for me to process things.  I'm also trying to get things setup for when I can much more next year.  I'm planning to can as much as I possibly can when I step back from full time work.  It's one way to reduce our food cost and I just think it's healthier.  

I'm starting to plan Christmas presents and budget for that as well, but more on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The lasts

 It's been a month of lasts.  Today was my last install into my legacy system.  Tomorrow will be my last data conversion.  It's stra...