Friday, June 18, 2021

Tough training day.

Sprout had a rough day yesterday.  The LovelyTrainer and FarmBoy were with her working with one of her steers and he decided he just wasn't going to cooperate and was going to go for his own stroll.  Unfortunately he took her with him when he did it.  She didn't let go and got drug quite a ways and through some gravel.  Today is not a good day for her, but I'm still proud she hung on and didn't let him get loose into a field.  I'm pretty sure he was headed that way, but because she still had a hold of him when everyone else got to him, he was easier to get back under control.  He is going to have to be tied up much more.  FarmBoy is contemplating what to do.  Tying them up makes them more docile and if you tie them up to where you take them water they get to where they know that have to behave for that person to get a drink.  We just don't have a really good spot to do that so that he is separated from everything else.  We can't have Sprout hurt again.  

FarmBoy started his new position, at the company he works for, today.  It's in maintenance and not production.  He'd rather be in maintenance so I'm happy for him.  It's another bump in pay and that's good all the way around.  I'm excited to see how today went.  He has been an industrial maintenance man most of his career but when he took the job at this company you have to work your way into maintenance no matter what your skills are.  He's made it there faster than most so that is a good sign.  

I just have this feeling that the weekend is going to be a bit long and I'm not really sure why.  It's going to start raining tonight and it's been overcast and just not real nice outside so maybe that's why my mood is in a funk.  I'm hoping to get the basement organized a bit more and get out some summer clothes and put away winter things.  I plan on sorting some stuff out for donation while I work.  If I can get it all done then I will feel like I accomplished something.   I need to get it more organized for when the chimney comes out.  It's getting taken out soon.  Since we moved the water softner it's not used and has leeks occasionally so we will be glad to have it gone.  Thankfully we had some leftover plywood and don't have to buy any.  Wow the price of lumber is crazy.  We really need to put a new roof on, but we were planning on changing the shape of the roof when we did it.  Since costs have risen so dramatically we decided to patch one more summer and hope things come down.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

The lasts

 It's been a month of lasts.  Today was my last install into my legacy system.  Tomorrow will be my last data conversion.  It's stra...