Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Crazy week, but quiet is coming!

Well it's going to be crazy for the next few weeks, but a quiet holiday is coming.  This year we aren't traveling even across the county to the relatives.  FarmBoy is working most of Thanksgiving weekend ( although the rumor is that they won't work Thanksgiving Day ) so we decided to just stay at home.  We want a quiet day with a simple meal just the 3 of us.  If people want to come by they are welcomed, but we are just relaxing and watching the Macy's parade and probably playing some board games.  The thought is to just chill. 

Harvest has been a bit much with rain off and on.  FarmBoy has had several customers need help with fans, heaters and stirators so most of his extra time has been away from home.  I've got basically 3 weekends from now to get the house decluttered, stocked up and ready for a relaxing day.  I'm making stuffing, mashed potatoes, green beans, pie and maybe some noodles.  FarmBoy always smokes the turkey so that won't change, but at least we don't have to prepare it for transport anywhere.  The pie and noodles can be made ahead so cooking won't be difficult.  I'll probably throw in a cheese ball and grab some summer sausage for later in the evening. 

I might slip out for my annual Walmart Black Friday trip, but I don't take anyone with me so it's not so bad.  I do the Kohl's trip on line and I have my cart preloaded several days before.  FarmBoy goes back to work on Friday so I'm going to try to make the trip really quick.  This is one of the ways I make the budget stretch for the holidays.  Sprout has crossed over into not believing in Santa anymore so I don't have to be quite to secretive, but I still want things to be a surprise.  Now I don't have to hide the Santa wrapping paper, etc.  Santa only ever brought stockings at our house, but everything came wrapped in Santa paper that was always hidden.  The big stuff always came from Dad and Mom and was wrapped in other Christmas paper.  Just a way I made things special.  I'll still wrap that way I just don't have to hide now.

I LOVE family, but I'm really looking forward to a quiet day this year.

1 comment:

The lasts

 It's been a month of lasts.  Today was my last install into my legacy system.  Tomorrow will be my last data conversion.  It's stra...