Thursday, July 18, 2019

Thankful Thursday & Oh the heat

I'm thankful for many things this week

  1. we have good pen assignments
  2. our new lighter trim stand for the sheep showed up
  3. Sprout's leather craft project was turned in on time
  4. I have vacation to be able to take next week to make things so much easier.
  5. I have found show clothes for Sprout that actually fit (it's a saga for a growing kid )
  6. we got rain
  7. FarmBoy will be on vacation as well next week ( Last year he wasn't. )
  8. friends will be visiting us at the fair
  9. my sister will be there some to help keep me sane 
  10.  I haven't lost my mind yet
In the midwest where we live the heat wave is here and it's miserable.  We usually see some heat at our fair, but this is a bit concerning for the next few days.  I've bought gatorade and loads of water to keep at the awning that we set up to use as a home base.  All of Sprout's show shirts are short sleeved, but I'm trying to come up with ways for her not to have to live in show jeans the whole day.  I'm praying the schedule is kind to her and we can change in and out of things.  




The rain is good for the crops, but not so good since it brought this heat.  It's supposed to break Sunday sometime, but that is the middle of the beef show so we will be in full show mode and trying not to kill each other from being grouchy in the heat.  Pray for all of us and all the 4Hers that we make it through will everyone safe.

2 comments:

  1. Stay cool, I love your thankfuls today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it sure has been hot here too. That's a mighty fine list of thankfuls and thanks for joining the Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete

The lasts

 It's been a month of lasts.  Today was my last install into my legacy system.  Tomorrow will be my last data conversion.  It's stra...