Wednesday, June 12, 2019

She's off to camp!

Sprout is off to camp and Momma is praying for her safety.  I know she's with friends and will have fun and hopefully learn a ton, but it's just the next step to letting her go and grow up.  One of her BFFs is there with her and I'm sure they are having fun settling into their cabin.  I'm excited to see if she likes it.  In the meantime Momma gets to walk sheep by herself and contemplate cleaning her pit of a room while she's gone and most important have a date night with FarmBoy.

He asked me where I wanted to go for dinner and we can relax and enjoy ourselves not caring that there is a sitter at home.  It's nice to spend time as a couple and he's off today and starts nights tomorrow night so it's the last chance until his next four off.  The time we get is precious and I always look forward to it.  It doesn't have to be a complicated evening.  A simple dinner where we can talk and catch up is wonderful.  Tomorrow night I will go to bed about the time he's leaving for work.  He tries to get a nap in before his first night on so I usually plan a simple dinner and work on something quiet in the house.  It's the cycle of our life and I'm content with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The lasts

 It's been a month of lasts.  Today was my last install into my legacy system.  Tomorrow will be my last data conversion.  It's stra...