Thursday, June 6, 2019

Camp time is coming

Sprout is leaving next week for 4H camp and I'm excited for her, but also a little apprehensive as well.  She hasn't really done a camp yet and I know she will be with friends, but it's just another piece of letting go and I'm not sure I'm ready for that to happen.  I'm the one who signed her up and I'll be the one to get her packed and ready, but there's still that little piece of me that wishes she weren't going.  It's only a 3 day camp so it's not all that long.  It's just another part of her growing up.

I pray that we are doing a good job raising her and so far I think we have been.  She's strong and doesn't put up with bullying or peer pressure.  I know that some of that is yet to come, but she doesn't really care what everyone else is wearing or has.  She's content with what she has.  If not then she's looking for chores to do to earn money for it.  There are many other things I could say about her as well.  She's just a slob.  I worry something won't come home from camp because Sprout just doesn't pick up after herself very well.  I've tried and tried to work on this with her and she tries for a short time, but life gets in the way and she has a hard time recovering.

It's on the list to keep working with her on.  Nanny1 was doing a good clean of her room with her today.  Hopefully that will help.  This weekend is packing for camp.  They have to take bedding and towels and I"m pretty sure that something of this group won't make it home.   It's teaching me to have more patience and to learn to not sweat the small stuff.  The most important thing is for her to have fun and hang with her friends.  I just have to pray that God keeps her safe and sound.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment

The lasts

 It's been a month of lasts.  Today was my last install into my legacy system.  Tomorrow will be my last data conversion.  It's stra...