Tuesday, January 25, 2022

The transition has started.

 Well I'm starting to train someone to do my job.  It's strange, but that was the company's decision.  I'm not sure it will work since the system is so old but I'm doing my best.  Retirement accounts have been adjusted and I'm starting to make some plans for the house like all the rooms need painted.  Some haven't been done in the 20 years we've owned it.  I'm picking paint now and as I have mad money I'm purchasing paint.  My first few weeks are going to be spent decluttering and painting.  I'm getting excited.  Some decisions still need made for expanding into the attic and creating another bedroom as well.

We keep thinking we might build on some property we already own, but with the way the economy is I think we need to fix what we have and sit tight for a bit longer.  When we had the roof done earlier this year we had the old chimney removed to just under the roof.  We will be dropping it all the way to the basement and fixing the hall closet where it was in the corner.  I might tackle taking it down to the first floor on my own.  I'd like to have my hall closet all done and rearranged before school starts in August.  The drywall will have to be patched, etc for this to happen so that is a learning curve for me.  

There is so much more, but I'm starting to ramble.  I need to make lists and just get moving when I have time.  Some of it is making supply lists so that I have stuff bought or money to purchase it put back while I'm still working.  The list is growing and I'm excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The lasts

 It's been a month of lasts.  Today was my last install into my legacy system.  Tomorrow will be my last data conversion.  It's stra...