Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Harvest has begun!

I should have taken pics, but Sprout is officially running a combine.  She's doing pretty good too!  She's been driving a go cart and our Polaris Ranger for more than a year now so FarmBoy thought she was ready for running bigger equipment.  I think 11 is a bit early, but she's loving it and doing a good job.  FarmBoy will be paying her for doing this and she can't wait.  She's got her eye on and LOL doll house that I just think is too expensive, but if she earns it I'm all for it.  The things she buys with money she earns are generally in better shape. 

I'm starting to plan Christmas gifts so it's one off my list for sure.  This is the first year for no Santa.  I'm sad, but it saves me the hassle of trying to hid things.  Santa at our house only brought stockings.  The big stuff came from Dad and Mom.  I usually bought things like movies, books, and other small toys that would fit in her huge stocking.  Finding out wasn't a traumatic event and we discussed who Saint Nick was and why we continue the tradition.  For our family it was one way to teach faith.  She had to have faith that Santa would come and faith that he would leave what she wanted.  Now we get the chance to be Santa for someone else.  I'm not sure who that is going to be yet, but she's looking forward to it.  I'm thinking we are going to pick a kid from the angel tree from work and buy for them including a stocking.  She's excited to bring Christmas to someone else who might not get to have it and in doing so pass along a little of her faith to them.

FarmBoy and I used to go out just the two of us when Harvest was done to celebrate and now we get to include Sprout since she has helped a ton!  Hopefully when I'm not working full time soon then I can help more.  Now I occasionally run a grain cart or the combine, because it has to be after I get off work.  So much happens during the day that I miss.  It warms my heart that she's starting to see more of our life and enjoy it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

The lasts

 It's been a month of lasts.  Today was my last install into my legacy system.  Tomorrow will be my last data conversion.  It's stra...