Thursday, August 15, 2019

Back to School

Sprout is all back in school and we are trying to get into our school rhythm.  Volleyball has started and swimming is ended so I'm washing different sports things.   The transition has been a bit hectic with fair so close to the start of school.  Sprout wears uniforms and we usually pack away her collared shirts for the summer and unfortunately I haven't found them yet.  She can also wear dresses that don't have collars so I've been saying wear a dress until I find them.  Her patience is running out so I must go on the hunt tonight to find them.

I'm trying to get back into the weekend cooking rhythm too.  Because of games and practice I tried to cook several meals over the weekend to reheat during the week on nights I don't have time to cook.  This weekend I've got to reorganize my pantry shelves so the kid can find her snack food more easily.  They are allowed to take a snack in daily so I buy things like protein bars, crackers, etc that are quick to grab when she's preparing for the day.  She also has things that she can put in her lunchbox if she chooses to pack lunch.

Sprout attends a small private christian school and we are blessed to be able to afford it.  It is the only school she has attended so far, but this will be her last year.  We have thought and prayed long and hard about it.  We feel that God calls us to be in the world, but not of the world and we can't keep her from the world forever.  The school she will go to merges their elementary schools at seventh grade so it's a good time to merge her in.  She's looking forward to it.  The new school has a pool so she will be able to be on a swim team.  There will be a few things that she doesn't have now like Spanish, but that will pick up again in high school.  Her current school has she has had Spanish since kindergarten.  I think learning a second language early is helpful for them in the long run.

Praying her year is good and I can get my act together and find her uniform shirts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The lasts

 It's been a month of lasts.  Today was my last install into my legacy system.  Tomorrow will be my last data conversion.  It's stra...